- Name: James Foster
- Age: 22
- Height, Weight, Stance: 5′9″ 140 right foor forward
- Years Pro: 5
- Hometown? Redlands, CA
- Current residence?Greenville, NC
- Married?/Kids? No.
- SHOW YOUR SPONSORS THE LOVE:
- Clothes(s): UnderGround Products
- Shoe Sponsor(s): Nike 6.0
- Bike Sponsor(s): Khe Bikes
- Other Sponsors: Staff mailorder
Read the complete interview after the bump…
KICK OFF WITH A GREAT INTRO
I won the Salt Lake City stop of the Dew Tour in dirt this year, and took best trick at Red Bull elevation this year.
- Dirt jumping, because it’s dying
- Cars, because I love them and work on them all the time
- I don’t know…
- How do you fit into your sport?
- I just ride because I love riding, but I do ride a lot of contests. I like being around everyone at them, it’s fun.
- Latest contest finish you’d like to discuss? Placement?
- Orlando Dew Tour and Salt Lake in dirt, 1st in Salt Lake, 19th in Orlando
- What’s the contest or event you’re looking forward to attending next?
- Dew Tour, elevation if they have it
- Who’s your biggest influence getting you started?
- All my friends I rode with back in Redlands
- Is there a single event responsible for you going Pro?
- I used to race, and that’s how I started riding. I never really considered myself pro, I just started riding pro contests.
YOUR CAREER, IN YOUR OWN WORDS
- What are the 2 biggest events of your career?
- Dew Salt Lake, because it was the biggest event I ever won, and Elevation 2005, because I pulled the first triple whip there.
- What’s the biggest misconception about your sport? And, about you?
- Sport? I don’t really know because I’m involved in it and don’t know what other peole think of it. Me? No idea
- What excites you most about your sport right now?
- I’m just excited to ride with awesome people and have fun
- Any signature products?
- Yes, my signature frame from Khe bikes
what are 3 Topics that you would most like to discuss and why?
WHAT’S UP? What’s new? Contests? Team changes? Injuries? What’s your big news this month?
I just moved to Greenville…
- Just about every athlete picks up a hobby on the road, some have even turned theirs into gold records and TV shows. Which hobbies have you picked up?
- I love car electronics, instaling and tinkering and working on my van and car, that’s pretty much all I do, is work on my cars. Oh, and I love riding motox.
- Funny story: (We all have one) Pretend you’re trying to impress a crowd with your funny stories/ experiences; which one do you whip out that always gets a smile?
- What movie do you have to have on DVD?
- Fight Club and Rad
- What show do you have to TiVo?
- South Park and Metalocalypse
- What would we be most surprised to learn about you?
- I’m vegetarian, used to be vegan.
- Everyone is an expert at something. What’s your specialty?
- Driving fast
- What’s your hugest pet peeve?
- People dont use their blinkers.
- Another sport you would like to master?
- Freestyle moto
- What’s on your play list right now?
- All Shall Perish – Better Living Through Catastrophe
- Parkway Drive – The Sirens Song
- Killswitch Engage – Holy Driver
- From the Shallows – Beyond the Unknown
- Suicide Silence