- Name: David R. Freimuth
- Nickname: Dale, PapaBear
- Age: 35
- Height, Weight, Stance: 5′11″, 186lbs, 3point stance
- Years Pro: 12 I think, since the South Padre BS comp
- Hometown?Appleton, Wisconsin
- Current residence?(same)
- Married?/Kids? Married (Patie) with one little monster named Thompson
- SHOW YOUR SPONSORS THE LOVE:
- Clothes(s): UGP
- Shoe Sponsor(s): Etnies
- Bike Sponsor(s): Colony Bike Company
- Drink Sponsor(s): Chadwick’s Bar
- Other Sponsors: Baco Designs
Read the complete interview after the bump…
WHAT’S UP? What’s new? Contests? Team changes? Injuries? What’s your big news this month?
This month I got back from the Simpel Session Comp in Estonia. Been trying to get over there for like 3 years now, so it was really cool to finally get to check it out first hand.
- How do you fit into your sport?
- I do a little of everything I guess, more comps than videos these days
- Latest contest finish you’d like to discuss? Placement?
- Placement? 2 years ago I won the Best Trick at the Toronto Metro Jam
- What’s the contest or event you’re looking forward to attending next?
- Baco jam!
- Who’s your biggest influence getting you started?
- Probably just my local group of boys that I grew up riding with: Kevin Starks, Mike Budd, and Scott Nuutinen. We were the “Ground Control Trick Team”! And I guess all the Baco boys after that.
- What got you your start in your sport?
- I guess I really started getting into comps at the old Rampage Skatepark in Iowa. But it wasn’t until the South Padre BS Comp that I finally turned Pro.
YOUR CAREER, IN YOUR OWN WORDS
- What was your first and how did you land it?
- My first clip in a video was Baco 3. I just happened to be home from college for the summer and rode with the Baco guys all the time. Later that year I ended up having a small part in “A Few Good Men”. I didn’t even know I was going to be in it until I saw the finished copy.
- Favorite (most talked about) film part? And why?
- Probably my Etnies Forward part… A couple of the guys at RIDEBMX mag picked me for best video part that year.
- Most recent or upcoming film part and details? Baco 11! No details yet.
LET’S TALK FILM PARTS
- What are the 2 biggest events of your career and your thoughts on why each was so memorable?
- Probably making the cut at my first X Games in San Diego in 1999 I believe, and then maybe winning the Best Trick at the Toronto Metro Jam.
- What’s the biggest misconception about your sport? And, about you?
- That BMX is just a bunch of dirtbags on bikes. Hh wait, it’s true.
- What excites you most about your sport right now?
- Just traveling and riding new places I guess… that never gets old.
YOUR CHANCE TO TELL IT ALL IN YOUR OWN WORDS
- Do you have any signature products, describe them?
- I’ve got a Signature Frame and Fork with Colony Bike Company. Both are super strong and yet some of the lightest on the market right now.
GIVE YOUR SIGNATURE PRODUCTS SCREENTIME
- Just about every athlete picks up a hobby on the road, some have even turned theirs into gold records and TV shows. Which hobbies have you picked up?
- What movie do you have to have on DVD? The Royal Tenebaums
- What show do you have to TiVo? Family Guy
- What would we be most surprised to learn about you? That I can cook
- Everyone is an expert at something. What’s your specialty? Volleyball, I wish
- What’s your hugest pet peeve? Traffic, pennies, spam, body odor, and people in my personal space
- Another sport you would like to master? Surfing, Beer Pong, or Golden Tee 2008