- Name: Kip Williamson
- Nickname: MASTER BLASTER, Tito, Chewie
- Age: 33
- Height, Weight, Stance: 6 feet tall, 180 lbs, cross footed
- Years Pro: I have never entered a pro comp
- Hometown? Angola, Indiana
- Current residence? Maitland, Florida
- Married?/Kids? Single, in a 7 year relationship. No kids that I know of
- SHOW YOUR SPONSORS THE LOVE:
- Clothes(s): UGP
- Shoe Sponsor(s): Etnies
- Other Sponsors: MASTER BLASTER
Click onward for the full interview/survey
KICK OFF WITH A GREAT INTRO:
I’ve been riding for UGP since 1997. I got a story published in a book called FLAT KINGS this year. I also got a FLEER trading card several years ago but I was stoked on it after cullecting trading cards as a youngster. Last year I had my photo taken by Brett Favre and it ended up being in a UGP ad, trading card, and a catalog! Received a runner up trophy for a 3 on 3 intramural basketball tournament in 1993 at Ball State University. Been on TV a couple of times.
WHAT’S UP? What’s new? Contests? Team changes? Injuries?
My girlfriend bought a $300 litter box for our cats, called the LITTER ROBOT. It’s like the Death Star for our feline relatives. They take more dumps now because the litter is so fresh and so clean!
- How do you fit into your sport? I don’t. Just do what I do, and that’s good enough.
- Latest contest finish you’d like to discuss? Placement? 1989 King Of Flatland 1st place, 13-and-Under NOVICE
- What’s the contest or event you’re looking forward to attending next?
- Who’s your biggest influence getting you started? My freind Derek Craig, who is the guy I first saw riding flatland in 1985. My parents helped me a ton when I was younger!
- What got you your start in your sport? Seeing someone else riding made me want to do it. I’ve tuld the story too many times, but if you really care, you can read about it in the book I mentioned above… Flat Kings.
YOUR CAREER, IN YOUR OWN WORDS
- What was your first and how did you land it? I make the videos man, I’m usually behind the lens.
- Favorite (most talked about) film part? And why? Dave Doe. Steve Crandall and I punched this drunk/annoying guy in the face at Jamie Spritzer’s crib. I made a video with the footage. Instant CULT CLASSIC!
- Most recent or upcoming film part and details? I have a few tricks that are supposed to be in the new Dane Beardsley flat/street video due out in Febuary 2008 some time.
LET’S TALK FILM PARTS
- What are the 2 biggest events of your career and your thoughts on why each was so memorable?
- Getting promoted to the Rad Rats Trick Team when I was 13. My friend Mike Berry was on the team, but not me, until the final demo of the year! That was a huge deal to me when I was a kid!
- 1999 ESPN Bicycle Stunts Contest OVERALL AM champ flatland. I had stopped riding flatland and was mostly riding park stuff. I decided to try a little harder, and spend some good hours, and I was able to learn how to learn again! Now I only ride flatland and I like it that way!
- What’s the biggest misconception about your sport? And, about you? I’m just me. MR TREATS
- What excites you most about your sport right now? Jams, photos, and videos. I like watching anybody that does what they love with some energy and enthusiasm, and most importantly some originality!
YOUR CHANCE TO TELL IT ALL IN YOUR OWN WORDS
- Do you have any signature products, describe them? I hope to have a MASTER BLASTER Nike Dunk some day! I made one on the NIKE site, but I would like to do a collaboration some day with them! I’m also thinking about trying to get this LITTER ROBOT made in some colors too! That would be sick!
GIVE YOUR SIGNATURE PRODUCTS SCREENTIME
- Just about every athlete picks up a hobby on the road, some have even turned theirs into gold records and TV shows. Which hobbies have you picked up?
- Collecting Star Wars Toys
- Collecting Nike Dunks
- Collecting Urban Vinyl Toys
- Collecting cats
- Funny story: (We all have one) Pretend you’re trying to impress a crowd with your funny stories/experiences; which one do you whip out that always gets a smile? I just found out Tom Haugen Sold a GT video I made a few years ago called “Direction” on eBay for $237 and it was a VHS tape! DAMN!
- What movie do you have to have on DVD? Talladega Nights
- What show do you have to TiVo? VH1 reality shows… Flavor of Love, Rock of Love, etc.
- What would we be most surprised to learn about you? I’m a type 2 diabetic
- Everyone is an expert at something. What’s your specialty? Front Brakes. I can dial them in so you don’t have to stick your sneakers in your fork anymore!
- What’s your hugest pet peeve? Dirty people. Dirty girls are still OK by me!
- Another sport you would like to master? Football, specifically the quarterback position. Tito Manning